Thursday 24 May 2007

Held back by different tastes

Anyone else have this problem? I have friends they're great etc etc, but they are divided into two camps.

Friends who like different music on the whole to me.

Friends who don't like music that much. (Strange I know)

Now the friends who don’t like music that much are fine, they buy the odd CD, but mostly listen to whatever’s in the charts, and that’s fine.

The friends who have different tastes to me are frustrating, Im going to Wireless on my own as a result of being the only The White Stripes fan in my circle of friends, which is fine, its only 'down the road' in Hyde Park, but when it comes to bigger festivals/gigs outside of London's its not really realistic to expect to go on my own to Suffolk for the incredibly tempting Latitude festival or wherever.

If I had some friends who liked Howling Bells, Jarvis Cocker, The Arcade Fire as much as I do. I'd be having a significantly better summer. :(

Anyone else share my pain?

No comments: